Policies and Procedures
Drop off and Pick-up Policies:
Doors will open for each class at five minutes prior to the start time (rain or shine).
Drop-off and pick-up will be at our studio door.
As we do not have a waiting room, parents or guardians are not permitted inside the studio. This is in compliance with safety and insurance regulations.
Students should arrive dressed for class, whenever possible, to avoid disruptions during transition times.
- No food, gum or drink is allowed in the studio (with the exception of bottled water).
- Students should not be sent to class if they are ill (fever or vomiting), for the safety of the entire class.
- To help avoid injury, students should arrive to class on time for a proper warm-up.
- If a student causes damage to the studio, the parent will be held responsible.
- PSPA reserves the right to revoke membership in any class if a student is violent or disruptive toward another student or the instructor.
- Promotions to higher class levels will be decided by the teacher (by invitation or audition).
- Waitlisted classes will allow students in, in the order which they inquired about a class.
- Dance students must wear dance attire and must tie their hair back for class.
- Street shoes are not permitted on the dance floor.
- Dance students must put their names in their dance shoes. PSPA is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- Attendance is taken at each class. Good attendance is imperative, as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class.
- Participation in the end-of-semester showcase is contingent upon attendance and is at the discretion of PSPA staff. More than four absences may result in a student being unable to perform in the showcase.
- Whenever possible, students should notify the studio of any absences ahead of time (text: 917-622-0630).
- Classes must be made up within two weeks of the missed class or they expire.
- No makeups may be taken within one month of the end of semester.
- Makeups do not apply to those using gift certificates.
- Make-up classes are based upon the already established schedule for the new term and may take place on another day and time, and sometimes with a different teacher.
- Make-up classes may only be taken in a class which is similar to the original class, as determined by the teacher.
- Make-ups may not be done during a student’s regularly scheduled class, only a different class.
- Make-up classes may not be applied to any special classes or summer camps.
- Make-ups may only be used by students who are current with their tuition.
- There is a limit of two make-up classes, per student, per semester.
Studio closings due to bad weather will entitle each student to a make-up class, NOT A REFUND OR CREDIT.
- Registration requires an up-front payment of $50 registration/performance fee, and first month’s tuition.
- *IMPORTANT – Tuition is due during the first class of every month.
- There is a $10.00 per student, per class late fee added to payments made after the week they are due.
- Payments made after the first class of each month must be made in cash – this will be strictly enforced, along with the late fee. Checks or credit card payments will not be accepted after the first week.
- If your tuition is more than two weeks late, your card on file will be charged, including a $15 late fee.
- Failure to pay outstanding tuition will result in the loss of your child’s space in the class and his/her not being permitted to perform in the end of semester showcase.
- Payment can be made in cash, credit or check. If you choose to pay with a credit card, there is a small service fee(3%).
- All checks are to be made payable to Park Slope Performing Arts. Cash is acceptable as well. There is a $35 fee for bounced checks.
- The PSPA season is broken down into 2 billing terms. It is assumed when a student registers, they are registering for the full season. However, your commitment is a billing term. Withdrawal from classes mid-semester must be done in writing 4 weeks prior to a student’s leaving a particular class, to avoid incurring one month’s tuition as cancellation fee.
- Voice lessons must be cancelled within 12 hours of the lesson, or the card on file will be charged for the price of the lesson.